Funerals/Embalming required in Texas before transporting across State Line

Question
The Funeral Home here in Texas has stated it is against the law for them to transport my dad (after he dies) without him being embalmed.  I read that a long as they were refrigerated, it was ok.

What is the legal answer and where can I get it in writing that this is the law.  It is not for religious reasons.

Thank you,

Answer
Cara

I found the following information regarding the requirements for embalming in the State of Texas

This is from a funeral home's website:

http://www.cemeteries-of-tx.com/LAWS.htm

This is from the Texas Funeral Service Commission: (See Section 14)

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc

I would call the Texas Funeral Service Commission and ask them directly about this question, as it says in the Administrative Code referenced above, that body must be refrigerated or embalmed  24 hours after death and that the rules of the Country or State where the body is going to be buried will be the deciding factor in this.  This is the web address to them:

http://www.tfsc.state.tx.us/

I hope this helps  

Funerals

Erin Phelps