Funerals/moving a grave

Question
I live in western Ny.  My mother died in 2002.  My brother kept her ashes in his house for about 10 years.  Last year he buried her in a cemetery that is an hour from my house.  He and I have not spoken since.  I plan to move her ashes to a cemetery that is 10 minutes from my house and where I plan to be buried.  I plan to do this when he passes.  What do I have to do to do this and what would be the expenses?

Answer
You'll have to check with the cemetery as each one can make up their own regulations. Is there a chance your brother would agree to splitting the cremated remains now? That would be a more ideal solution and one that I feel certain the cemetery wouldn't object to.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson