Funerals/moveing My Husbands remains

Question
Dear Lisa Carlson,
I live in the Phoenix Arizona area. My husband died on 11-29-2012. When he died we were barely making ends meet on his social security check. We had no life insurance or money.I was paralyzed emotionally and unable to come up with any money. His body was tagged as abandoned and buried in with the Indigent at a Maricopa County Cemetery called White Tanks Cemetery. Do I have the right to move his remains out of there.what department to contact to find out what I would owe Maricopa county

Answer
Talk to the cemetery. There should have been a limited amount of county money to help with costs, so you may not owe a huge amount. A disinterment permit must be gotten from the state registrar, but that should not be a problem. You might want to consider cremation so you don't have more cemetery expense, at least not right away.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson