Funerals/Transportation of a body

Question
I read on one of your response was that there are 43 states which allow a family to transport the body of a deceased loved one to the funeral home. I live in California and I offer Final Expense Whole Life Insurance attached with a complete preplanning program.  Just to confirm, since a live in California, can I  transport the body or remains of a loved one???  Can you also provide the name of your 512 page book, I would love to read it to increase my knowledge  of my profession.

Answer
Yes, you may transport a loved one in CA.

The book is "Final Rights: Reclaiming the American Way of Death." -- www.finalrights.org
You can download the CA chapter from the Bookstore at www.funerals.org for only $5.

BTW, insurance is a TERRIBLE way to pay for a funeral. It may cost more than the actual arrangements and if it isn't available for 30 days, there's likely to be an extra charge.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson