Funerals/My Father passed away the 3/1/14

Apparently when the came out and marked
the grave for us(my family) to dig my
fathers grave we did by hand, he was layed to rest on
the 6th.on or around the 17 there calling
wanting me to dig him up and move him  because
they marked wrong grave for us to dig.
him up,I'm not doing that,it was the grave yard bored
fault.what are my rights?I called my local
court house and they told me he can not be
moved unless I give a ok and if touched it
becomes federal.plzz help because I'm not digging my daddy up.

To the best of my knowledge in all states the legal next of kin must give permission to disinter and move a deceased.  If the cemetery marked the wrong grave for you to dig and the grave is owned by someone else (Maybe with a spouse or another family member buried in the grave next to him), then the cemetery should either give the owner of the grave another grave in the cemetery or if it's a matter of the owner wanting to be buried next to a family member, then the cemetery should, with your permission and at their expense, disinter your Father and move him to the grave he is supposed to be in. Your Funeral Director can help you with this.

I hope this helps,

Erin Phelps

Erin Phelps

I can answer any questions about funerals,embalming, cremation, green burial, home funerals, burial on your own land, scattering of cremated remains and any other death related questions you may have.

I have worked in the death care industry since 1977, owning my own funeral home since 1990. I worked as an EMT at a funeral home based ambulance service for 6 years gain much experience there. When I opened my funeral home, my goal was to provide honest, straightforward, significant and affordable services to the families who called upon me for my services. Since Sept. 2008, I have served as a member of the Oregon State Mortuary & Cemetery Board, which regulates the operation of mortuarys and cemeteries in Oregon. I have been a regular attendee and speaker at various funeral related seminars over the years and am a frequent contributor to "Mortuary Management" magazine. I was one of the first funeral directors in Oregon to offer "Green" or "Natural" burial services and to offer assistance to families who wish to take care of their own family members at home. I also have vast experience in the repatriation of a deceased to their country of origin.

Oregon Funeral Directors Association, International Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association, Cremation Association of America, Funeral Ethics Association Natural End Funeral Services - Charter Member.

Mortuary Management Funeral Monitor Funeral Service Insider

Attended the University of Oregon Associates of Science Degree - Mt. Hood Community College, Gresham, Oregon

Top 10 Eye Enucleators in Oregon. Nationally Board Certified Funeral Director/Embalmer Honored in "Funeral Monitor", Aug. 2007 for my business practices.

Since 1990, I have served over 10,000 families, requesting the gamute of services ranging from the simplest to the most elaborate. Servicing christian, jewish, muslim, buddhist, hindu and humanists, along with families from every continent in the world.