Funerals/natural burial and funeral homes

Question
Hello.  My wife and I want to go the green burial route, but the closest one to our home is 2 hours from us.  Can we use a local funeral home for green burial, or would we need to use a more specialized funeral home?  Do green cemeteries do the funeral arrangements? Thank you.

Answer
You can check around with local cemeteries to see if any are starting to set aside vaultless, casketless burials. With the popularity of the idea these days, you may actually find one nearby. They are likely to charge extra for filling in the gravesite as the body decomposes.
Any funeral home can handle such a burial but you should shop around and find one you feel comfortable with.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson