Funerals/Grave and body ownership

Question
My brother is buried in a casket and our dad owned the grave.  When dad died, he was cremated and buried there.  I assume his 2nd wife got ownership when he died.  Now his 2nd wife died and us going to be buried there too.  Can next if kin to my brother, which would be 3 siblings, stop this or can we have my brother exhumed and moved?  Or does the grave owner then own all the bodies buried there?  Who is the owner now, the 2nd wife's next of kin?

Answer
If the grave wasn't mentioned in a will, then I think it is your dad's grave, with no particular rights for his wife. You should talk to the cemetery. Each cemetery can make up their own rules, so there's no way for me to know what their policy would be. I'm reasonably sure you could move your brother if you wanted.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson