Funerals/Transporting the Dead in Texas

Question
I am interested in starting a transportation service for funeral transfers, transport to and from coroner's examination, transport to funeral service providers and private funeral arraingements.  What type of license if any would I need to do this?  Can to direct me to the proper state code which may cover this topic?  Or can most anyone do body transports?  Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Mark

Answer
If you're doing this for a fee, you may need to be a licensed funeral director or working for one. To my knowledge, TX doesn't license body transporters as Florida does. I'm not sure such services are particularly needed there. Check with some funeral homes.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson