Funerals/moving buried bodies from one state to another

Question
I have a friend who's mother had 2 children that passed away over 50 years ago. One lived about an hour after birth, the other lived about 24 hours after birth. The children are buried in Steele, Missouri and his mother wants them moved to Arkansas to be next to her when she dies. They were not put into a vault and pretty sure the caskets were made of wood. She has headstones for both children. For me, I'm thinking there is nothing left to move or just fragments of clothing or bones. I suggested that she have memorial service at the cemetery and have new headstones put in place, instead of going to the expense of moving them. But she said that she would always know they are not there but in Missouri. Can you tell me what is her best option in this case, since I'm no expert, she won't listen to me. Thank you.

Answer
You may be absolutely right, but it sounds as if she won't accept that. There is a casket/vault combination often used for infant deaths. If one of those was used, then it will likely be intact. But I don't know if those were in use 50 years ago. If things have disintegrated, she'll have to pay for new caskets or maybe one combined casket to move the fragments. See what the local funeral director suggests.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson