Funerals/moving a family member

Question
The son of deceased wife wants to move his mother to another cemetery. The d.wife was married to her 2nd husband (his 2nd wife) for about 28 years. Husband survived wife by many years. At husband death they were buried side-by-side in his family cemetery. Now her son wants to move her.  What if any obligation does he (son) have to pay the husbands family for the cost a new tombstone. The existing tombstone has both husband and wife's name on it.  The husband remarried a 3rd time and current widow (still living) would like to be buried with her one and only husband if former (2nd wife) get moved. Son is prepared to pay all the expenses but the family of the husband think he should help pay for the new tombstone. Any thought or help would be appreciated.

Answer
The fact that the husband's family is getting the plot back for the third wife should be sufficient. Is he planning to move the existing stone? Check with a monument dealer to see if the second wife's name can be obliterated so the third wife can be added. Let the third wife's family pay for that.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson