Funerals/disinternment

Question
I live in NJ.  Our neighbor's 30-year old son committed suicide two years ago while living (married, no children) in PA.  Out of respect for his widow, our neighbors assisted with burying him in PA rather than suggesting it be done in NJ.  The widow is now engaged to be married within the next year.  Our neighbors would like to have their son reinterred in NJ so they might visit with him more often (it's a 3-hour ride each way that will become increasingly more difficult for them as they age.)  The widow is currently refusing.  Will our neighbors have more success after the widow remarries in moving their son back 'home'? Do you have any suggestions as to help these grieving parents? Thank you.

Answer
Any idea why the widow is refusing? Typically a spouse gets to call the shots, but once she remarries the parents could approach a Probate Court to see if they have any possibility. Sorry that isn't very helpful. Would cremation be an option and then divide the cremated remains?

If all else fails, the parents could purchase a plot and bury a picture or other memorabilia with a stone with their son's name on it.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson