Funerals/His sister died

Question
I am so uncomfortable asking because people shouldn't behave like this when someone dies.
My boyfriend had a spat with his sister it was not resolved her husband got involved and he got the sheriff involved (no arrests they only called my boyfriend sheriff thought it was dumb but everyone stay away from each other) husband complains to fatherinlaw makes more out of it.
My boyfriend's parents took sister's side without hearing son out. They had son come over for dinner daughter for lunch on holidays. Parents never helped to resolve this they encouraged it.My boyfriend did not know sister was deathly ill till 4 weeks ago he was not told he was out of the loop. Well he told his mother when he found out to relay a message to sister that she only has one brother in whole world and he needs to speak to her on phone soon. He wants to clear things up.Mother
never told daughter 3 weeks laughter he gets call from mother she passed and oh by the way her last wishes were for you not to come to services and funeral. What the hell kind of family is this?ouch well he wants to go but I am worried if he shows up can they arrest him ?
Thank you

Answer
Have him explain the problem to the funeral director and ask for some private time to say his goodbyes to his sister. They won't arrest him as it's a public even if it's announced in the paper, but private time would avoid any confrontations. Death seems to bring out the worst in people.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson