Funerals/Disinterring and cremating to move to FL

Question
My father was buried in New York City in 1977 and I want his remains cremated in order to move to FL alongside my mother's cremains. What are the costs and procedures associated with disinterment in New York City? Your response is very much appreciated!

Answer
Try Crestwood Memorial Chapel. But call at least two others as well. I'm guessing the total cost will run between $5,000 and $7,000. If you are flying to Florida with the cremated remains, make sure they're not in a metal container as it has to go through the scanner.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson