Furniture Repair and Assembly/Couch to big for space

I am not sure if there is a solution for my problem but here goes; we purchased a sectional couch for our basement.  Once we got it down there it doesn't fit because we forgot to take a support pillar into account.  We need to shorten the sectional couch by about 6 -8 inches.  Can it be done? Can you recommend someone to do it at a reasonable cost?

dear mary

yes It can be done, I have done it many times .
but at a reasonable price is the catch
it depend on the value of the sofa
since its going in your basement,  probabally not
its will need the fabric stripped carefully, padding pulled back
in order to cut the frame, and remove 1 or 2 springs
glue clamp, them recover, at least 1,000.00

but have your local upholster look at it in case the arms unscrew
from the seat and back. then on 100-200.00

I dont know anyone outside my san rafael ca area

good luck

Furniture Repair and Assembly

Michael Jimenez

We work on everything in relates to building, redesigning, remolding, reupholstering and repairing. We reupholster wood frames, walls, ceilings, doors, yachts, outdoor cushions and many more. We use different kinds of padding to re-pad and re-web. We are a green business and are constantly getting new products and lines of green sustainable materials for upholstered furniture. To see more information and pictures of our work, please go to our website. New Upholstered Furniture - new custom designed furniture Reupholstered Furniture - recover your old furniture Restyled Furniture - alter the look of your pieces Antique Restoration - restore your upholstered antiques Slipcovers - tailored or loose fit for chairs and sofas Dining Chair Seats - new fabric to freshen your room Chair Pads - add a little softness to a wooden seat Window Seat Cushions - new and recover for all shapes and sizes Cushions for outdoor furniture - fabulous fabrics for outdoor use Banquettes - unique built-in seating for any room Upholstered Headboards - new or recovered, any style, any size Upholstered Beds - custom styles for every home Upholstered Walls - padded and your fabric applied for a distinctive look. Toss Pillows - down blend inserts, special fabrics and trims Bed skirts - tailored or gathered, any fabric, any size We do not work with autos, metal frames and do not finish or refinish wood frames, but we do some office furniture

I started in high school around 1970, where I worked my way up from apprentice and upholster partners until 1983. I then opened Michael's Upholstery in San Rafael, CA which is now Michael's Custom Built Inc. About 20 years ago, we became a sustainable green business and are proud to say that we still are.

Rotary International, AFIA

Examples of Michaelís work has been shown in the Marin, Napa and San Francisco Designer Showcase Homes. We have also done work shown in Sunset and Northern California Homes and Garden, as well as California Home and Design. Some of our work has also been featured in magazines such as Traditional Home, and Better Homes and Garden Magazines.

junior college, sustainable enterprise santa rosa, green business SDBC college

Silver award AFIA 2009 new furniture new design Pacific sun BEST IN MARIN 2 or 3 years Bay area green business marin certification

We built a sofa that was shown on Monster House, a Discovery channel television show. We have done work for many movie stars and a few major group bands, sorry no names There has been work shipped to Tahoe, Montana, New York, Hawaii and Japan. We have had plenty of work shown in art decorative societies and their showcases.