GM-GMC/2 batteries?

I have a 2001 3/4 ton Silverado. do I need to have 2 batteries and if not how do I eliminate?

to be honest if the truck came equipped with 2 batteries then yes it needs them. the electronic equipment on your truck requires two batteries to power. sure you can eliminate one if you want to eliminate some of the functionality of your vehicle. i wouldnt recommend it.

Alicia B

Engine, Transmission, Brakes, Fuses, Tune ups, Where is a better place to get parts, and general questions

I used to work for GM as customer service and I worked for the information history desk for them for 2 years. I have owned upwards of 25 cars 23 were GM vehicles which I did and still do fix my cars mostly myself. I do most maintenance by myself also.

I used to be a Allexperts member a while back look up Alicia R. Boutwell.

High school diploma most of my experience is just with the actual vehicles and working for the company.