GM-GMC/67 gmc trans

Hello sir, my name is robert and i have my 67 gmc 3/4 ton truck still from high 33 years old now and even though its early im gearing up to rebuilt my truck for my son, my gmc is missing the tranny,so do you know any newer conpatable trannys that would fit in with the 305 v-6. i believe the tranny i took out that i never got back was a 4 speed,maybe even a 5 speed with the 5 gear as granny. any advise on what to do with the transmittion

I do not have information on compatible parts. I would however tell you to get the rebuild specs from GM by calling their historical dept and asking for a restoration kit. The last time I checked they were free but I dont know if that has changed. The restoration kit will tell you all the original specs of that that vehicle from bumper to bumper.

Alicia B

Engine, Transmission, Brakes, Fuses, Tune ups, Where is a better place to get parts, and general questions

I used to work for GM as customer service and I worked for the information history desk for them for 2 years. I have owned upwards of 25 cars 23 were GM vehicles which I did and still do fix my cars mostly myself. I do most maintenance by myself also.

I used to be a Allexperts member a while back look up Alicia R. Boutwell.

High school diploma most of my experience is just with the actual vehicles and working for the company.