GM-GMC/67 gmc trans

Question
Hello sir, my name is robert and i have my 67 gmc 3/4 ton truck still from high school.im 33 years old now and even though its early im gearing up to rebuilt my truck for my son, my gmc is missing the tranny,so do you know any newer conpatable trannys that would fit in with the 305 v-6. i believe the tranny i took out that i never got back was a 4 speed,maybe even a 5 speed with the 5 gear as granny. any advise on what to do with the transmittion

Answer
I do not have information on compatible parts. I would however tell you to get the rebuild specs from GM by calling their historical dept and asking for a restoration kit. The last time I checked they were free but I dont know if that has changed. The restoration kit will tell you all the original specs of that that vehicle from bumper to bumper.

GM-GMC

Alicia B