GM-GMC/fuel tank pressurizing

hello my fuel tank pressurizes everytime .my eng service light has 2 evap codes,I checked the vent line on the filler neck it is ok,but if blow air into the line pressure comes back out.I had thefuel pump replaced at 120,000km,the 2002chev Silverado now has290,000km I have to clear these code to pass emmissions test,is my fuel tank purge solenoid the problem?

Answer < that is a video on how to test the pressure sensor on 2002 silverado.

I have not heard of a purge solenoid however there is a pressure sensor and that could definitely be the problem.

Let me know if this helps. If you have any other info let me know so I can possibly help further.

Alicia B

Engine, Transmission, Brakes, Fuses, Tune ups, Where is a better place to get parts, and general questions

I used to work for GM as customer service and I worked for the information history desk for them for 2 years. I have owned upwards of 25 cars 23 were GM vehicles which I did and still do fix my cars mostly myself. I do most maintenance by myself also.

I used to be a Allexperts member a while back look up Alicia R. Boutwell.

High school diploma most of my experience is just with the actual vehicles and working for the company.