GM-GMC/1964 GMC 3/4 ton 305e V6 oil pan removal

Can the oil pan be removed without pulling the engine? It appears to be blocked by the exhaust pipe yoke thingie and there is hardly any vertical clearance between the pan and the big front cross member of the truck. What steps do I need to take in order to get it removed from the engine block and out of the bottom of the pickup? tks Alicia.

Oil Pan Removal

The above link seems to have some information I do not have.
It does however look like you would need to hoist the engine. Click on that link and if it doesn't let you click on it copy and paste this link in your browser

Alicia B

Engine, Transmission, Brakes, Fuses, Tune ups, Where is a better place to get parts, and general questions

I used to work for GM as customer service and I worked for the information history desk for them for 2 years. I have owned upwards of 25 cars 23 were GM vehicles which I did and still do fix my cars mostly myself. I do most maintenance by myself also.

I used to be a Allexperts member a while back look up Alicia R. Boutwell.

High school diploma most of my experience is just with the actual vehicles and working for the company.