GM-GMC/Burning smell

Question
There is a burning rubber smell from the truck, has been parked all winter, took it out for the first time yesterday. what's up??

Answer
depending on where this smell is coming from i would think that if you have not started it all winter then its coming from the belts and should go away after a couple times of running it or running it after a while. build up on the pullys from sitting can cause this. there is a thing called belt dressing that comes in a can you can buy and put on the pullys and belts if that smell doesnt go away..

also just in general you should not let a car sit all winter without turning it on at least once a weak and letting it run for like 10 minutes. you didnt indicate if you had done this so i am just giving some advice in case you didnt.

also it could just be coming from the rubber parts around the engine and the exhaust manifold which get very hot and just burning off excess gunk from having sat so long.

if the smell doesnt go away i would suspect that there is a belt going to break and you should check from dry rot on the belts.

GM-GMC

Alicia B