GM-GMC/steering column problems with starting

Question
I have a 1989 GMC Seria PK. the steering column was very loose. I took it apart and tightened the four bolts that were loose on the tilt wheel. When I put everything back together the ignition switch does not feel like it did before and it will not start. Will not do anything. Any ideas?

Answer
i apologize i never got the notify that i had a question pending.

sounds to me like somehow you moved the ignition switch.. probably slightly but just that much could invoke the security system. without lookin at the issue myself i wouldnt be of much help

GM-GMC

Alicia B