GM-GMC/fuel leak

I am working on my Mother's '98 GMC 2500 Sierra Diesel 6.5L, it has a bad fuel leak on the passenger's side. It leaks bad enough it is dripping off the starter motor. I can't see where it is dripping from. My next step is to remove some of the sheet metal coverings. If I do this do I need to replace it or can I leave it off? I'm hoping it might be a fitting at the injector. I also have a small leak at the fuel tank and do think it is a line leak coming out of the fuel sender/pump area. Some one changed the fuel pump this past summer, but not driving the truck I don't know when it started leaking.

you can leave those off that's personal choice, but they are there to protect certain parts so its up to you.

you could be right, i'm guessing it is a loose fitting

once you get those guards off i would go under the hood and throttle the vehicle to pinpoint the leak. also if you are having a leak near the gas tank it is probably the fitting that leads to the pump. or a cracked line. be VERY CAUTIOUS under the vehicle looking for leaks.

Alicia B

Engine, Transmission, Brakes, Fuses, Tune ups, Where is a better place to get parts, and general questions

I used to work for GM as customer service and I worked for the information history desk for them for 2 years. I have owned upwards of 25 cars 23 were GM vehicles which I did and still do fix my cars mostly myself. I do most maintenance by myself also.

I used to be a Allexperts member a while back look up Alicia R. Boutwell.

High school diploma most of my experience is just with the actual vehicles and working for the company.