GMC Repair/gmc envoy 2003

When i turn the A/C on my truck it starts shaking and it tirns off unless i step on the gas it wont go off?

When the AC pump comes on it puts an additional load on the engine.  There is a throttle adjuster that is supposed to give it a little extra gas when the AC comes on so it won't kill.  That thing may not be working.  Or if there is another problem that affects the idle, like an O2 sensor or EGR valve, then that may be the problem.  If it makes an unusual noise when the AC is turned on, then it could be a bad AC pump that is putting too much of a load on your engine.  You did not tell me the miles on your truck, so I can't make a judgment call on that.  Best of luck to you, and thank you for choosing me.

GMC Repair

The Man of Steel

I will take a shot at anything. This service is free, it's worth a try. Please rate in terms of my willingness to help if I can.

Mechanic for 20+ years

AAS Degree in CAD, life experience