Gambling/follow the queen

Player #1 has (1) Ace & (2) Sevens showing, and is dealt an Ace
(2) Aces & (2) Sevens

Player #2 has (2) 10s & (1) King showing, and is dealt a Queen (Queens are always wild)
(3) Tens & (1) King

Player #3 has (1) Jack and (2) Nines, and is dealt a Seven making Queens & Sevens wild
(3) Nines & (1) Jack

Player #1 now has the highest hand on the board with (4) Aces
(2 Aces and 2 wild Sevens)
Player #2 now has (3) Tens & (1) King
Player #3 now has (3) Nines & (1) Jack

My question:
Does Player #3 now have to beat Player #1 (highest ranking hand) or Player # 2 (like stud)

My best guess would be that he has to beat the highest ranking hand. If he can't beat the best hand, then when it comes around to the best hand you would have to skip that player. I haven't played anything but the standardized casino poker games in many years, so my knowledge about kitchen table type games is spotty, but that would be my best guess.  

I am a professional poker player and game theory expert. I can answer almost any question related to poker, from your local home game to winning big tournaments or playing at a casino. I am the head cash game instructor at, and I run a site for poker coaches at, give lessons (I'm usually booked at least two weeks ahead of time) and I know a little about the online poker affiliate business as well.

I've been playing poker for a living for 4 years, and have written about the subject extensively. I have sold articles to places like and Deal magazine, and I write a monthly column called The Online Fox in Poker Pro Magazine and Poker Pro Europe. I run a poker magazine at and a rakeback site at

Organizations - -

Poker Pro Magazine,,, Blind Straddle online poker magazine

I've read the books, talked to the old timers, and done my time at the tables. That's all the education a poker player gets. I own over 100 poker books and have read them all at least once.

"Best Article" award on for 2005 for my bankroll management article. All my other "awards" have been in cash, and I've already spent them. Poker isn't about trophies, it's about money. Many major tournament wins online.

Too many to list. I run I also work for as a consultant and no-limit Hold Em expert.