hi my question is that i ve notice that when someone plays a machine and hit a jackpot or a good match up and did not cash out after a while [depending the type of machine] lose all the credits is it phenomeno has to do about machines volitality or what elsecan be; thank you in advance daniel

Daniel, volatility, percentage, hit frequency, and other slot parameters are simply mathematical theoretical formulas that gaming sites, regulators, manufactures, and their assorted bean counters use to determine the theoretical actions and outcomes of slot performance. In reality, due to the Random Number Generator, these theoretical figures are much useless in the real world we live in, only in the world of accounting theory.

The longer someone plays, due to the odds of slot machines being very biased towards the operator, the more chances they have of not hitting a winning a combination. Therefore, they will, eventually, spend all their money. The best way to play slots is to cash out anything you win and EVER put it back into the machine. Whatever you win, you take home with you.

Hope this answers your question. Phil

Phillip J. Boucher

Author of the book, "Slot Machines: Fun Machines or Tax Machines? A Technician Reveals the Truth About One-Armed Bandits", ISBN 1-55270-049-6 published by Productive Publications under the pen name Ian B. Williams. I can answer any question related to the concept, design, marketing, programming, operation, installation, repair, and maintenance of slot machines, video poker machines, and video lottery terminals, and their related equipment and machinery, within the regulated gaming industry. I WILL NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER RELATED TO THE PRIVATE OWNERSHIP OF GAMING MACHINES, INCLUDING QUESTIONS SUCH AS "I JUST BOUGHT A SLOT MACHINE AND IT DOESN'T WORK...". I can help dispel all the myths and misconceptions that have permeated the print and news media about slots over the years. I can also answer questions related to gambling addiction in general and slot machine addiction in particular. Each question will be answered truthfully, without bias, whether the answer is what the questioner wants to hear. I will not propagate the myth that there are secrets to winning or beating slots, because there are none. There are no methods or tricks or other such nonsense that a lot of people think there are. I`m sorry, but reality in regard to slot machines can be a big letdown! I won`t lead anyone on. Want to know the real truth? Just ask. I can also answer general questions related to casinos except for table games.

I have over seventeen years experience as a slot machine technician for two major North American casinos, one racetrack slot facility, and am a Certified Gaming Machine Repairperson. I am the author of, (writing as Ian B. Williams), "Slot Machines: Fun Machines or Tax Machines? A Technician Reveals the Truth About One-Armed Bandits", ISBN 1-55270-049-6 published by Productive Publications.

Certified Gaming Machine Repairperson