Gambling/slots

Question
hi are slot machines payback based on timers ; thank u

Answer
Daniel,

I'm a little confused on what you're trying to ask. If I don't answer it as you expected, let me know and I'll answer again.

Slot machine paybacks are a long-term average of what the machine is expected to return. The way a machine calculates what the reels will show is a multi-step process, which all starts with the payback percentage.

When a casino determines the payback they want on a machine, the manufacturer sets up thousands, and sometimes millions, of reel combinations to make this payback possible. For example, of the multitude of possibilities only one will be the jackpot, fifty will be the next level down, two hundred of the next, and on down to "no win," which would be a majority of the possibilities. These different possibilities are, in effect, numbered in numerical order.

When a slot machine is turned on, it begins randomly generating numbers. This generation is constantly happening and it happens thousands of  times a second. The instant a person presses the bet button, the current random number is chosen. This number is referenced to its matching reel combination from the table of possibilities. The machine then stops the reels to match this combination and pays the appropriate winnings.

I hope this answered your question. If not, please reply with a more-detailed question and I will attempt to answer it for you.

Gambling

Andrew Senger