Gambling/slotmachines programming

Question
hi i was reading in a forum [physicsforum i think] that new slot machines use fluctuating dark currents to generate random seeds for their  pseydo rng s will you  please enlighten me about this proccess thamk you in advance daniel thank you in advance daniel

Answer
Daniel, as far as I know, slot machines are not using dark currents for their seeding. Most use something outside to get the seed; I've seen temperatures and noise used. In addition, the machine is constantly cycling through the random numbers, not sitting and waiting with one until someone presses the button. This alone allows an almost indeterminate random system.

Gambling

Andrew Senger