Gambling/Bacarrat

Question
QUESTION: Whats the best strategy for Bacarrat¿ some people wait for a few of the same in a row then start betting¿what do u think of this is this wise¿ also why is this game so popukar is it because no limit on betting¿

ANSWER: There is NO strategy. No strategy that makes any sense at all. Other than not playing at all that is.

The cards have no memory and the chance of a Banker win, a Player win, or a tie remains unchanged irrespective

of the results of consecutive prior hands.  This is identical to the facts of roulette or craps.

Casinos earn Tens of Billions yearly from the innumerate masses who imagine that there is a secret pattern to be discerned

by "prior results" that will aid in the prediction of upcoming hands.  Nothing could be farther from the truth, which is why

casinos will gladly offer you the opportunity to bankrupt yourself, should you imagine that you can beat the game.

Develop a heal;thy level of cynicism.

QUESTION: And a healthy level of cynicism would be? I see what ur saying i think just go in and play? I have seen people tracking data like in craps for example.It would be smart to just switch up the way you play the better and realize that the shorter you stay the better does that soulnd like a "plan"?so would poker be an exception where strategy may be involved?

ANSWER: Playing less equates to losing less jun the long run.

The (mathematically) most correct response is to decide how much you are willing

to lose in one day and wager that entire amount on your first (and only) bet.

Of course that is anathema to what we call "gambling."

The casinos want you to play for as long as possible.  Hence, no clocks, no windows, free drinks, etc.

The longer you play at any game where the house holds (any) advantage the more likely you are to lose.

In can be shown mathematically, that the probability of losing all of your money approaches absolute

certainty (100%) after a sufficient amount of time is invested (wasted). You can create a scenario in which

you are almost as likely to win as to lose, as suggested above.

Poker would be an exception, but playing in a casino poker room, the "house" takes $ from every pot that is played, so ...  

QUESTION: So then what makes someone a professional gambler? Someone who treats it like a business.I mean is being a professional gambler synonymous with winning most of the time and thats what makes you a pro? If someone wanted to be one would it just be get a bankroll treat it as a business and hope for the best?

Answer
" … what makes someone a professional gambler? Someone who treats it like a business.I mean is being a professional gambler synonymous with winning most of the time and thats what makes you a pro? If someone wanted to be one would it just be get a bankroll treat it as a business and hope for the best?"

There are countless tens of millions of gamblers ~ but just (perhaps) 1,000 veterans professionals worldwide; exclusive of poker players.

A Professional Gambler is one whose income comes completely (or nearly so) from gambling endeavors.

S/he must be capable of earning enough to support a middle-class existence year after year.

I have been a a professional (circa) 1990 when I retired at age (circa 40) from being a forensic psychologist.

An initial bankroll of substantial size is not required as a truly skilled gambler can expect his modest starting capital to grow;

although progress can be slow. One has to keep careful comprehensive spread sheets re: earnings by time, % of capital, etc.

It must be noted that some extremely small fraction of 1% of those attempting to earn their living via gambling can expect to succeed.

Gambling

The Count