a friend of mine that he works in casino told me about when slot machines clean their hard drives 'dont play them' is that correct; he told me also that this is happen very early in the morning i assume that there is difference at european time and usa will u please enlighten me ; thank you in advance peter

I don't know what your friend means by "clean their hard drives." Despite that, though, there is no time of day that makes a machine looser or tighter. The payback is a long-term percentage derived from the randomization of all the combinations the machine offers. When a player presses the spin button (or pulls the handle), the random number generator selects a number and the machine shows the applicable symbols that match the table for that random number.

Andrew Senger

Anything casino related, including questions on Table Games, Slots, Security, and Surveillance.

I have been in the casino industry for over twelve years. I began as a Security Officer/EMT, then was promoted to Security Supervisor & EMT Supervisor. From there, I transferred to Surveillance, where I have been for almost ten years.

On-the-job training in Surveillance, including rigorous training and testing in all aspects of the casino.