Gambling Addiction/help.

Question
help.

I'm 21 and have realized I have a gambling addiction.

At video games.

I spend hunreds of $$ of my paychecks to gamble on video games such as facebook.

I don't want to keep doing this..I'm broke. I have only a little bit of money in my bank and I lost my job but I keep spending money on games.

how can I stop?? I would delete my facebook but damnit I've put in almost $1000 on those games!!!

I WANT TO STOOOOOOOOOOOP

Answer
Desirai, you will never get that $1000 back no matter how much more you play. You will simply end up spending even more money. Delete Facebook and any other bookmarks for gambling sites you have, look in your phonebook, and call the nearest gambling addiction centre (such as
Gambler's Anonymous 888-GA-HELPS, (888-424-3577)or on the web at www.gamblersanonymous.org.) These organizations will be able to help you understand a bit more about your problem and will be able to direct you to meetings or resources that will give you the information and tools you need to beat this before it really gets out of hand. Hope this helps. Phil  

Gambling Addiction

Phillip Boucher