Gambling Addiction/gambling addiction

Question
I have an uncontrollable urge to gamble and my pregnant wife wants to separate as a result of it.  She has an envelope that she keeps money in for our unborn child that she hides.  I have found it twice and go gamble with it. I also take out cash advances to feed my addiction.  She wants me to go to gamblers anonymous and I told her before that I didn't want to.  I believe she has virtually given up on our marriage.  What can I do and she wants to know what can she do about saving money for our child?

Answer
Paul, since you do acknowledge that you have a gambling urge, you need to contact some type of local gambling information centre in your area, whether it is Gambler's Anonymous or other type of organization, whether you want to or not. No marriage is worth losing over a gambling problem. Just take that first step and talk to a counselor. Or inform an employee at the venue you gamble in that you think you have a gambling problem and they can guide to you someone who can help. To beat this thing, you have to make the first move towards treatment. Good luck.

Gambling Addiction

Phillip Boucher