Game Shows/Kids game show 50' 60's

lamar lafong wrote at 2008-06-18 20:15:45
This is odd, I was trying to find out the exact show that was asked about.  It also had an area where kids I think shoveled up a bucket of pennies.  They moved on spaces and there was a large birdcage with dice in them and they moved that number of spaces.

lamar lafong wrote at 2008-06-19 16:54:03
I thought I would go crazy trying to remember this game, I just found out it was called "Video Village", it was a TV show and also a board game.  Seeing photos of the game on the internet makes me realize this is the name of the show!!!

herrmm wrote at 2008-08-30 14:37:31
I do remember the show and can't remember the name.  At the end of the frist street you would collect as many pennies as you could.  I don't remember much about the 2nd street.  But the 3rd street you could spend the money that you earned.

baidinc wrote at 2010-08-01 15:40:11
1959 Remco had a board game with dice called Smoo

I don't remember the tv game but it sounds like the rolling of the dice was part of it.

"I'm a Shmo and that ain't good."

Each player is provided a "Shmo" marker (a plastic boy in short pants) which is placed onto an oversized board. Players roll the dice and move along a path containing such features as "Forgets his trousers...", "Takes wrong school bus..." or "Walks through wet cement." Each special feature directs the player to advance a number of spaces and pick a "Shmo card". The cards direct the player to perform some silly act and declare himself a shmo (Scratch your back 10 times and say, "I'm an itchy shmo!").

At the end of the path is a large box declaring: "First one here is a SHMO... ...and that ain't good!"

Shmo is a Tumblebum dice game, which is to say that the two dice are placed into an hourglass-shaped device (Tumblebum) which is spun around in order to roll the dice.

Chiclets wrote at 2014-12-24 08:39:18
Video Village was the life-size board game game show, but it was for adults.  The version with kids was called Shenanigans, and it was hosted by Stubby Kaye, known for playing Nicely-Nicely Johnson in Guys and Dolls

Game Shows

I`m not very good at today`s game shows, but moreso shows they now show on the gameshow network. i.e. matchgame, newlywed game, dating game, lets make a deal etc.

i am a huge tv hound. classic tv rocks   :)0