Gaming/Can't save game (Batman Arkham City) PC?

After installing Batman Arkham City on PC (windows 8), it said that xlive.dll files was missing or could not be found. Therefore I used "DLL-Files Fixer" software to fix this problem. Then the game started to work perfectly, but I am UNABLE TO SAVE THE GAME. THE HOME BUTTON DOES NOT WORK, that comes up with the screen for making an offline profile. I tried to download "Game for Windows Live", but still the home button did not came up. Then I checked out some videos online, to see If I could fix the from problem. They said that to copy-paste 5 different xlive files from
C drive/Windows/SysWOW64 to C drive/Windows/System32. But there was only one xlive.dll files, that was probably created by DLL-Files Fixer software (as mentioned before). I copied this file to system 32 but it still didn't work.
What do I do?? How do I save game?

Well I have not yet played that game nor do I have Windows 8 but here are a bunch of links that might be able to help you with your problem:

xlive.dll is missing  -

How To Fix Xlive.dll Not Found or Missing Errors -

Download Games for Windows Software Setup 3.5 -

file xlive.dll not found? -

Batman: Arkham City Black Box Fix It Guide -

xlive.dll file missing -

Google search on the topic -

hope this helps.

Hank Cluess III

PC gaming & Console gaming.

I've been a PC Gamer/Online Gamer for over 18 years. I have beta tested games like World of Warcraft, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Battlefield 3, Anarchy Online. The list goes on & on. If a game was published for the PC there is a good chance I have played it. Current I play Star Wars: The Old Republic and Battlefield 3 on a constant basis.

I've been building, fixing, maintaining, & using computers & other electronic devices for over 17 years. I've also been involved in many beta testing opportunity that include beta testing games for PC, Xbox 360, & PS3. I've also beta tested hardware & other software as well. To sum it all up, computers & electronics are my life.