Gaming/Remove virus in game dvd

My wildlife park 3 game dvd is infected with virus and I could not load or re-install the game. So, I would like to know if the dvd can be replaced by the company as it is still under the warranty period or is there any other measure to rectify the problem.

If the dvd was a genuine purchase from the manufacturer then it simply cannot have a virus within it.  Perhaps your anti virus software is detecting something a virus when no virus is actually contained.

If the dvd actually had a virus then the company has put it there meaning that any replacement would have one and they would also be shut down.  I found no evidence that the company that made this has done this sort of thing.

If the dvd is read only then you can't remove any files.  I'm afraid the only option is to directly contact the company and tell them the problem. They will most likely send a replacement as your dvd may just be faulty.

Steven Gibb

I have an active interest in PC and console gaming. I can answer questions on PC performance, upgrades, requirements and any problems you may be having with your system in relation to gaming. I can also aid in repair topics covering the original Xbox, Xbox 360, PS, PS2 and PS3 consoles. I will be able to answer questions relating to games over the last couple of decades and questions regarding games currently in development. I can help with software/hardware modding. If you have any questions regarding cheats, news, characters, stories, tips, strategies and anything else game related then please feel free to ask. It would be worthwhile if any questions regarding Nintendo consoles post 2000 were given to another expert. Please do not use this page to ask quiz questions to "test" my knowledge. Genuine questions please.

I have been playing games since I was 6 years old. I have an education in electronics and actively build and customise PC's and consoles. I have had a keen interest in gaming and technology since I was very young and have chosen a career path in these fields.

European Advanced Computer Driving License Bsc Electronics (Product Design/Comp Architecture) BEng Digital Systems Engineering