Gaming/NTSC video game for PAL tv

Question
Hi.

Since I am based in India, I have a PAL TV. I was wondering if I can run an Xbox game that's made for an NTSC display system using my tv. If not, do let me know of any alternate way of running the game, if there's any, as I am unable to find a PAL version of the game here and thus planning to buy it from the States.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi

This is possible.  The game itself must be listed as region free first and foremost.  From here, the game must be played through an HDMI cable as the encoding format will not matter in this case.  

So make sure you are playing the game through an HDMI cable and make sure the game is listed as region free, even if it is sold as NTSC (most are not locked to the region).

Please reply if you are confused or need some more clarification.

Thanks
Steven

Gaming

Steven Gibb