Gaming/game error

i have installed "Spin Tires - Level Up 2011" game in my laptop i.e. dell but when i am starting the game in the starting only it shows the message like this
the programme can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the programme to fix this problem.

The error is related to the system either not having DirectX installed, or the DirectX installation being incomplete or corrupted. Download and re-install the latest DirectX runtime from Microsoft to correct this; if you need information about that, follow this guide:

Specifically, the DirectX Web Run-time package (it's located somewhat near the bottom of the page) will likely address your issue.

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner. I have a personal interest in PC gaming, and can apply my experience to such an end. Questions related to 3D games on OS X or other platforms are less likely to get answered.

Nearly two decades of experience in and around IT.

15+ years of experience and education.