Gaming/Gaming PC for Guitar Hero 3

I'm pretty much set on getting a good PC to run my game at high FPS. My old PC, an HP 110-210 ( could run Guitar Hero at 250FPS using 3D Analize(A program that disables selected graphic details to help optimize performance), just to put this question into relative perspective. This simply isn't good enough for me, so I've looked for a suitable PC, and found this one(
One, is this PC worth the money? If not, what would be?(I'm not looking to build my own.)
Two, What FPS would you guess Guitar Hero would run at using this PC? (That is in comparison to my old PC I linked you to.)
Three, I'm fairly familiar with computer technology, but I've come to you because I assume you know much more than me based on your expertise. It may seem silly that I want such a PC for such a low demanding game, or that I'm wanting such a high frame rate for this game, but I play extremely hard custom songs on expert difficulty in order to practice. These songs are so hard/fast, that they're almost impossible to play accurately at low FPS, this is due to the game's mechanics. Basically, the higher the FPS, the better I'm able to get at the game.

Thank you for reading my question, if you want to see me play Guitar Hero on youtube, ask me about it in your response or email me, my youtube username is fyighfreak.

Before I get to your questions, I'd like to address the first part of your query - regarding frame-rate. Outside of some very expensive and specialized CRT and DLP displays (often found in simulation environments), it isn't generally possible to run a game (or video, etc) at 250FPS - the bulk of the frames will be dropped before being displayed, because conventional monitors do not have a high enough refresh rate to keep pace (the vast majority of LCD displays operate 60Hz, some operate at 75Hz, and models that support 3D can operate at up to 120Hz - conventional CRTs operate in a similar 60-100Hz range). Without something like Vsync enabled, very high output frame-rates will result in visual tearing and a generally "unsmooth" look as a result. So achieving higher frame-rates is generally of no advantage, because it can never be displayed (ignoring that our eyes are generally not capable of discerning between frame-rates over around 30 FPS).

Now regarding your questions:

1) No, the machine does not appear to be worth the money. It is quite expensive for the components it offers, especially given that it seems built around a no-name power supply, unknown motherboard, etc and the manufacturer is not "name brand." Calling it a "gaming computer" is somewhat laughable - the GeForce GT 640 is not really up to that task (it's a relatively inexpensive entry-level graphics adapter; the rest of the specified parts are unexceptional as well). If you are on a tight budget, building the machine yourself will be most cost effective. If you're not up for that, I'd suggest buying a machine from a better-known manufacturer like Dell (or ideally their subsidiary, Alienware, since you are after a gaming machine). Depending on how much you can spend will dictate what you can get, hardware wise. Generally speaking, there is no need to spend multiple thousands of dollars (let alone tens of thousands of dollars) to get a very high performance gaming computer these days, however you should still expect to reasonably spend close to a thousand dollars (if not a little bit more) if you need a complete packaged system (e.g. one that comes with a monitor, keyboard, etc). Something like the Alienware Aurora (even at the base configuration with the R9 270 graphics adapter) would be a formidable solution.

Unfortunately your current system offers essentially zero upgrade paths - everything is built-in to the motherboard, and there isn't much in the way of expansion (more details are available from HP's support website:

2) It's tough to say, frame-rate depends on a variety of factors and is hard to accurately speculate on. A system with a proper discrete graphics card, however, will be substantially more capable of running 3D games at higher resolutions and with better performance. The IGP in your current HP is a very poor performer for gaming. I have no problems stating that a proper gaming machine (be it a self-build or an off-the-shelf) with a high performance GPU and CPU will be noticeably faster than your current HP when it comes to gaming, and you likely won't be stripping 3D features to get the game running either.

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner. I have a personal interest in PC gaming, and can apply my experience to such an end. Questions related to 3D games on OS X or other platforms are less likely to get answered.

Nearly two decades of experience in and around IT.

15+ years of experience and education.