Gaming/Free Cell

I just got this computer yesterday. Its an Asus. I think it runs windows 8 but I'm not positive of that. I have no idea how to find out.
Well, I love to play FREE CELL on the desktop and I can't find it on this one!
On the other one that got too old to bother fixing, it was easy. I went under start>all programs> computer accessories> games> free cell. On this one I can't even find 'programs'
I'm not every (at all) computer savvy so I need help.

While Control Panel or System Properties can provide very detailed information about the system, we can pretty easily determine if you're using Windows 8 or Windows 7 visually. Does your desktop start-up look like this:

Or like this:

The first one is Windows 8; the second is Windows 7.

Under Windows 8 you can actually search for applications directly from the Start Screen (the screen with all of the Tiles), just start typing and it will start searching for whatever you wanted on the computer (for example type in "Control Panel" and it will locate the Control Panel for you). Before you jump in and type "Free Cell" however, Microsoft FreeCell was removed from the mainstream release of Windows 8. However you can download it for free from Microsoft (as part of a package of games), via the Windows Store:

If you're using Windows 7, click onto the Start Menu (the blue circle with the Windows logo) and click Games (on the righthand side of that menu) and FreeCell will appear as an option there. Alternately you can just type "FreeCell" into the Search box within the Start Menu; if "Games" is not available on the right-hand side of the Start Menu see this article for more:

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner. I have a personal interest in PC gaming, and can apply my experience to such an end. Questions related to 3D games on OS X or other platforms are less likely to get answered.

Nearly two decades of experience in and around IT.

15+ years of experience and education.