Gaming/Is this PC good for gaming?(I have a low budget)

Question
QUESTION: Computer Case: Corsair Carbide 200R Midi Tower Black
Power supply: Corsair CX500, 80Plus Bronze, 500W PSU
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K Black Edition, 3.8GHz Quadcore, FM2, 100W
RAM: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Motherboard: ASUS FM2+ A88XM-A
SSD: Crucial M500 SSD 2.5" 120GB SATA 3.0
GPU: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 Ghost 2.0
DVD Writer: ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24F1ST, SATA, Black, Retail

ANSWER: Depending on what resolutions and what games you'd like to play, yes it should do very well - I don't see anything that sticks out as a glaring incompatibility or poor quality part selection (the PSU is good, the motherboard and graphics card from top of the line makers, the CPU is listed on the motherboard's support list, etc). The only thing I'd challenge would be the SSD - especially on a tight budget. It won't provide any performance improvement to how fast the system actually processes data, just how quickly data can be loaded off of it; what this means is that you will not see higher frame-rates in games, but you may see the game start-up faster (which isn't that big of a deal). Changing it out for a conventional 500-1000GB hard-drive would probably save you some money, give you more storage, and not really impact performance in the process. The only other consideration I'd have is what about the CPU heatsink - the AMD "in the box" cooler will be sufficient, but an aftermarket cooler from Arctic, Cooler Master, etc could yield a quieter and potentially cooler running system. Not really essential, just a thought.

-bob

QUESTION: Computer Case: Corsair Carbide 200R Midi Tower Black
Motherboard: ASUS FM2+ A88XM-A
Harddrive: Seagate Barracudaź 500GB

What about this?

Answer
I'm not seeing any changes/differences from the original post (and my answer/summation of the original build stands - it's a solid selection of parts that would produce a respectable machine, as long as you don't need to support extremely high resolutions (like 4K)) - did something fail to update properly in a copy/paste by chance?

-bob  

Gaming

Bobbert