Gaming/Motherboard info you requested

P4 Motherboard info
P4 Motherboard info  
Hi Bob,
I'm the one who was asking you about running Windows 98 on an XP home system.

Scott S.

While 925X is a very good chipset for a Pentium 4 system, it is not compatible with Windows 9x. You would either need to get the game(s) you'd like running within Windows XP (and depending on the game this may not be a problem at all), or get your hands on an older system that will support Windows 98.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner. I have a personal interest in PC gaming, and can apply my experience to such an end. Questions related to 3D games on OS X or other platforms are less likely to get answered.

Nearly two decades of experience in and around IT.

15+ years of experience and education.