Garage Doors/Powerlift WR827

Question
Hi Mike,

We just bought a new home and the remote for the garage door opener is missing. It's a Powerlift WR827...who is the manufacturer? How can I get replacement remote control devices? Will universal remotes work with this model?

Thanks,

John

Answer
Hi John,

Nobody likes to hear this truth, but that opener is so old, I can't in good consious suggest anything but a new opener. The opener does not meet ul325 post 1993 safety requirements and it does not make sense to throw good money after bad. Contact an IDEA accredited door dealer in your area(www.dooreducation.com) and see what motors they offer.  Also have them go over the door and do general maintence, and if they recommend new springs, do it. Hope this helps,

YOurs in doors,

mike

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre