Garage Doors/Genie pro 82

Question
GeniePro82
GeniePro82  
Hi

I've got a Genie Pro 82 that will open with both the remote and the wall mount switch but it refuses to close. If I stop it mid way while opening it will not change direction either. Now I've read on this site that it might be the board or something but I've noticed a loose wire (yellow) on the bottom of the motor. So before I go and fork out the money for a new one, I'd like to know if this might be part of my problem.

Answer
Hi Ray,

There is a limit on the front of the rail that turns off the motor when the door reaches the floor. It is one wire and runs back the rail of the opener to the motor control board. Either the wire is shorting out or the limit is stuck closed. The easiest way to test for this issue is to take the limit assembly loose from the opener and try it in the down direction. If this doesn't fix the problem, purchase a new opener. Its too old to spend the money on a logic system.  Suggest you look into the liftmaster line as Geni has gone to heck in a handbag. Hope this helps,

YOurs in doors ,

mike

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre