Garage Doors/Wayne Dalton 2115

Just bought a house and the garage door remotes will not open the main garage door. The red light on the remotes light up when the main button is pushed on the remote.  Door will open and close when the mounted non-remote button is pushed. I am thinking the dip switches may have been accidently moved on the remotes.  Where are the dip switches on the garage opener itself? Or are there none? We don't have a manual or any other literature from the seller of the house.

Hi Brett,
Sorry for my tardiness, but this is the bussiest time of our business year. You have smart technology with that unit. First make sure the transmitter batteries are good and then locate the smart button on the opener. Press the smart button and then press your transmitter button. If all is right with the world, it should code. If not there may be an issue with the logic system inside the unit. Wayne-Dalton does not manufacture parts for this unit anymore, and this considered, it may be time to replace the opener.

Have a safe holiday,

YOurs in doors,

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre

I will not answer questions about garage door openers 20 years old or older as they are unsafe, PURCHASE A NEW ONE. How many cell phones have you owned in 20 years? I have 40 years in the garage door industry and have seen almost everything. I sat on the Wayne/Dalton dealers board in 1986,1987,and 1988. I am on the IDEA board of directors ( and am accredited by same. I will, to the best of my ability answer your questions on doors or openers. I will not deal with shinbuster type doors. Replace it if you have one! If your question is about stretch type springs, call an IDEA accredited dealer and have torsion springs installed.

I have been in the overhead door industry for 40 years. I have dealt with all major brands of garage doors and openers. I have been a member of the International Door Association for 25 years( My speacialty is working with and understanding stretch and torsion springs. However, I will never recommened a customer to deal with a garage door spring.

International Door Association, Door and Access Manufacturer's association, Institute of Door Education and Accreditation, American Legion

I have 2 years of collage , am on the IDEA board of directors, and if you didn't notice have been in the industry for 40 years!

I recieved the Train the Trainer certification from the Institute of Door Education and Accreditation in April 2001.

Cal Ripken