Garage Doors/Liftmaster Touchpad

I have a Liftmaster touchpad for my garage and had coded it to open the garage door. In the meantime, I wanted the garage door to also open using the built-in control in my Lexus car. Since I did that, the touchpad does not work. Do these pads only work with one or the other? Thanks.

Hi Remate.
If the learn button, that you press to code the keyless/transmitters, is Green, there can be a problem. During that period there were 3 different types of transmitter codes. Digital, Billion code and the first of the rotating code. If you try to use one with the other, it will not allow the second coded devise to work or will knock out the first, depending on the unit.  If it is a green button, that means it is from the early 90's in my opinion should be replace due to the age. Hope this helps

YOurs in doors,

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre

I will not answer questions about garage door openers 20 years old or older as they are unsafe, PURCHASE A NEW ONE. How many cell phones have you owned in 20 years? I have 40 years in the garage door industry and have seen almost everything. I sat on the Wayne/Dalton dealers board in 1986,1987,and 1988. I am on the IDEA board of directors ( and am accredited by same. I will, to the best of my ability answer your questions on doors or openers. I will not deal with shinbuster type doors. Replace it if you have one! If your question is about stretch type springs, call an IDEA accredited dealer and have torsion springs installed.

I have been in the overhead door industry for 40 years. I have dealt with all major brands of garage doors and openers. I have been a member of the International Door Association for 25 years( My speacialty is working with and understanding stretch and torsion springs. However, I will never recommened a customer to deal with a garage door spring.

International Door Association, Door and Access Manufacturer's association, Institute of Door Education and Accreditation, American Legion

I have 2 years of collage , am on the IDEA board of directors, and if you didn't notice have been in the industry for 40 years!

I recieved the Train the Trainer certification from the Institute of Door Education and Accreditation in April 2001.

Cal Ripken