Garage Doors/Sears light beam problem part 2

Question
Hi again Mike-

I wrote to you a few weeks ago about my mother-in-law's opener and the photo eye that doesn't work-- In re-reading my question I fat fingered the mfg date, it is 8/97 not 1987. Went and took a closer look today.

The receiving eye receptor does not work. Took both eyes from the other garage door (installed at the same time, same model-- 139.53660srt, same mfg date) and still the receiving eye receptor doesn't work. I even undid clips holing the the little white wires to the studs and held the eyes about 3" inches from each other and the green light would still not come on. Put the eyes back on the other door and works fine. No breaks in the wires and have power to the light. Any ideas now that it is a newer model than you thought?

Thanks,
Jim

Answer
HI Jim,

The only other answer would be the logic/reciever board for you unit. It should be a 41a5483 part # and cost @ $80. Any local liftmaster dealer should have the board, but you will need to accomodate the liftmaster board to the sears panel.

mike

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre