Garage Doors/Replacing garage door vent

Question
QUESTION: I need to replace a ripped garage door vent. I've bought and painted the new vent, but I don't know how to remove the old vents. They are held by tiny thumbtack-like nails (or screws, I'm not sure ) that have a circular hole in the middle of the head. I'm afraid if I pull them out I might damage the door.
What are these, screws or nails? And how can I pull them out? Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Lou,

I need more info, is this an uninsulated door or insulated, who is the manufacturer, and a picture would be nice. Yours in doors,\

mike

vent
vent  
QUESTION: It's an uninsulated door.

Answer
Hey Lou,

Thanks for the pic. Those are pop rivets. Take a 1/8" drill and drill in the hole until the rivet drills through. Try not to oversize the existing hole in the door and to the hardware store and purchase aluminum 1/8" rivets and a rivet tool. The doors we purchase from clopay has them actually made into them and the whole bottom section had to be replace if damaged.  Actually, years ago I did what you have for a customer. I bought a couple of heat vents and pop riveted them on like that.

Hope this helps,

Yours in doors.

mike

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre