Garage Doors/Replace door remote for Fimbel P-lift #WR828

Question
Mike,
I just started searching for a replacement opener to an OLD Fimbel Powerlift WR828 - it does not look like the new Fimbel Corp carries anything in Powerlift.  How would I tell if another brand or a 'multi-code' opener will work with my PL?  Also there is a black plastic unit on the back of the metal opener body that has a short wire sticking out - I assume that is the remote receiver?  It says Delta 3.

Thank you!

Answer
Hi Rob,

That opener is so old I would not put a nickle into it. That said you will need to call around to find a dealer who carries Linear prducts and purchase Linear transmitter for that frequency. YOu will need to remove the reciever from the unit to find the frequency, which is printed on the back of the reciever. The reciever is the black box on the back of the unit with the "tail" . Hope this helps,

YOurs in doors,

mike

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre