Garage Doors/Remote for Powerlift door

We have a Powerlift garage door operator, Model WR827 and are in search of a new remote for it. It's difficult to know which one to buy as this brand/model is not listed on any of the packaging. We bought a Chamberlain but I am not able to program it. Don't know if it's that I'm doing incorrectly or that it genuinely is the wrong one(frequency.) Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,

Hi Robin,

Nobody likes to hear this truth, but that opener is so old, I can't in good consious suggest anything but a new opener. The opener does not meet ul325 post 1993 safety requirements and it does not make sense to throw good money after bad. Contact an IDEA accredited door dealer in your area( and see what motors they offer.  Also have them go over the door and do general maintence, and if they recommend new springs, do it. Hope this helps,

YOurs in doors,

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre

I will not answer questions about garage door openers 20 years old or older as they are unsafe, PURCHASE A NEW ONE. How many cell phones have you owned in 20 years? I have 40 years in the garage door industry and have seen almost everything. I sat on the Wayne/Dalton dealers board in 1986,1987,and 1988. I am on the IDEA board of directors ( and am accredited by same. I will, to the best of my ability answer your questions on doors or openers. I will not deal with shinbuster type doors. Replace it if you have one! If your question is about stretch type springs, call an IDEA accredited dealer and have torsion springs installed.

I have been in the overhead door industry for 40 years. I have dealt with all major brands of garage doors and openers. I have been a member of the International Door Association for 25 years( My speacialty is working with and understanding stretch and torsion springs. However, I will never recommened a customer to deal with a garage door spring.

International Door Association, Door and Access Manufacturer's association, Institute of Door Education and Accreditation, American Legion

I have 2 years of collage , am on the IDEA board of directors, and if you didn't notice have been in the industry for 40 years!

I recieved the Train the Trainer certification from the Institute of Door Education and Accreditation in April 2001.

Cal Ripken