Garage Doors/Wayne Dalton 9005 Panel Replacement

I need two panels of an older Wayne Dalton garage door (model # 9005) replaced and I noticed that the newer, 9100 Wayne Dalton series look extremely similar. I was wondering if it would be possible to replace the older 9005 panels with 9100 panels without visible difference. I'm looking for any way not to pay for a whole new door! Thanks in advance

HI Kyle,

There is no WD model 9001.  That said, 2004 was the cut off point where the panel designs change sizes. As a WD dealer, I have also found that the shiplaps, (the meeting points between the sections) will not seal properly. But if you are not at all picky, its worth a try. Hope this helps,

YOurs in doors,

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre

I will not answer questions about garage door openers 20 years old or older as they are unsafe, PURCHASE A NEW ONE. How many cell phones have you owned in 20 years? I have 40 years in the garage door industry and have seen almost everything. I sat on the Wayne/Dalton dealers board in 1986,1987,and 1988. I am on the IDEA board of directors ( and am accredited by same. I will, to the best of my ability answer your questions on doors or openers. I will not deal with shinbuster type doors. Replace it if you have one! If your question is about stretch type springs, call an IDEA accredited dealer and have torsion springs installed.

I have been in the overhead door industry for 40 years. I have dealt with all major brands of garage doors and openers. I have been a member of the International Door Association for 25 years( My speacialty is working with and understanding stretch and torsion springs. However, I will never recommened a customer to deal with a garage door spring.

International Door Association, Door and Access Manufacturer's association, Institute of Door Education and Accreditation, American Legion

I have 2 years of collage , am on the IDEA board of directors, and if you didn't notice have been in the industry for 40 years!

I recieved the Train the Trainer certification from the Institute of Door Education and Accreditation in April 2001.

Cal Ripken