Garage Doors/Quantum Garage Door Model 3000

Question
The other night we closed our garage door and close it on a skateboard. The door closed and once we returned, we opened the door and then closed the door.  Now the door will not open.  The light flashes and door raises about 6 inches and stops.  When the outside button is pressed again the door closes.  

What can I do to fix this problem.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Richard,

The truth is, Wayne-Dalton bought the rights to the quantum series and has since discontinued the line. During that time I never bought one and very few dealers in my area did either, therefore I have very limited knowledge of the units. The standard answer is to unplug the unit and see if it resets. It sounds like the limits have been thrown out of alighnment and need to be reset. I believe that Wayne-Dalton still has info on there site www.waynedalton.com.
They also have discontinued parts so my suggestion is spend $350 and purchase a new unit.

Hope this helps

Yours in doors

MIke  

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre