Garage Doors/Craftsman opener power/no power

Question
Hi Mike-

I have a Craftsman 1/2hp opener (part# 41ac150-2m) that is about 6 years old. Last week all the lights would go out, head unit 60w bulbs, wall button, and sensor lights, and door would not move. A few seconds or minutes later you would hear a click and the lights would come on and you could open/close the door. Once I even glanced over and the wall button and sensor lights were off and then a click and all the lights came on even though no one had pushed any buttons.

I moved the opener plugin to the other outlet and that didn't help. Plugged a little night light into the open plug and that stays on even when all the opener lights are off so I know the outlet has power. This problem is very random, a few times a day or not at all.

Ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks,
Jim

Answer
Hi Jim,

You have a logic/reciever control board going bad. That part # you gave me is the control board part #. Price should be $65 to $75. i would suggest getting it from Sears as there are off brands floating in the neither world with may or may not work. Be sure to unplug the unit before servicing and you will need to recode all remote controls, keyless entry's, and embedded automobiles. Hope this helps,

yours in doors.

mike  

Garage Doors

Mike Whitacre